Every year approximately 300,000 tonnes of clothing are burned or buried and landfill sites. Most of these are new and unused from fast fashion retailers.
It is not just customers who are responsible for this waste. Many retailers and manufacturers have turned to disposing clothing in this manner as it is the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of unsold products.
The effects on our planet is staggering. Whilst we cannot solve this problem alone, what we can do is find ways to minimise our contribution. We at Gbowtique have decided to make a commitment to increasing the positive impact our business has on the planet.
How are we going to do this?
- All unsold or returned products will be donated to charities that help vulnerable children or domestic violence.
Check out our Instagram stories for updates on how this works out for us. https://www.instagram.com/gbowtique/
- Our new packaging will be recycled or recyclable. We can’t wait to show it to you!
- A strong emphasis on helping customers create capsule wardrobes. Pieces you can mix an match so you always have something to wear. Sign up to our newsletter on the bottom of our homepage or follow stories for all our style and minimalist wardrobe tips.
- High quality pieces to fall in love with that last. This has always been our focus; we’re working on improving this even more, stay tuned.
- Dedicated to finding new ways to improve all practises going forward. We’d love to hear your ideas, pop us an email via the contact us link below. Although we may not always be able to get back to you on the actions we take, every message will help us evolve going forwards.